5. When it comes to diversity, I am optimistic that at some point the rise of enlightened younger executives will trigger a sudden change of attitude in the boardroom. This will not happen in 2018, though the imbalances and abuses of power evident in sexual harassment scandals, from tech to media, could accelerate change.
1. If Dwyane Wade lost 30 pounds of muscle, you wouldn't be able to tell him apart from the high school version of himself.
2. The US has the most universities of any country in the overall ranking, with 221 schools earning a spot. The countries with the next-highest numbers of schools in the ranking are China and Japan with 136 and 76, respectively.
1. Employees of state-owned firms also expressed more satisfaction with their bonuses than those at private companies – and little wonder, as the average payout at the former was Rmb17,318, or about Rmb6,000 more than what their private-sector counterparts could expect.
2. The Caixin-Markit manufacturing purchasing managers’ index dipped to 50.8 in November, down from 51 in October and coming closer to the 50-point threshold that delineates expansion from contraction. A median forecast from economists polled by Reuters had predicted a fall to 50.9.
3. "Overall this ranking of Asia's best 300 universities proves what a dynamic, diverse and competitive higher education region the continent is becoming -- and China is a key part of that development," said Baty.
5. 'Don't ever do this again,' she said to herself. 'It's so scary.'
2. Brain death is a bit of an inconvenience if you're a fan of living, and if you're looking to replace yours with a spare, you're out of luck. Sure, maybe we'll one day be able to plant brains into skulls, but the brain's not just another organ. It contains all your thoughts and memories. They can plop a new brain in your head, but you'll still be gone, so the idea of making artificial brains may seem absurd.
4. 6.Jack Shephard Almost Died in the First Episode
5. Ronaldo's monster pay-packet was the result of his eye-watering pound 38.5 million-a-year salary with Spanish giants Real Madrid and endorsement deals with the likes of Nike, watchmaker Tag Heuer and nutrition supplements group Herbalife - themselves worth pound 22 million.
6. But closing the deal on RCEP less than a year after Donald Trump pulled the US out of the TPP would be a big win for Beijing.
2. For a few years, Namibia's dollar has been depreciating against many currencies, providing affordable opportunities for travel. The best-priced flights generally avoid South African and European school-holiday times, especially late December and January.
In a vote by Sina Weibo，China's Twitter-like website, 58.5 percent of people "liked" the ink painting version of the monkey, only 14.4 percent like the front view of the 3D version, while 12.5 percent want to "change its clothes", supposedly meaning they don't like the colors.
Mayweather Jnr - who is capable of demanding pound 70 million a fight - fell to 16th. He pocketed pound 20 million in ring fees with an additional pound 5 million coming mostly from his clothing brand TMT, The Money Team.
The fundamentals of the Chinese economy remain sound, the capital adequacy ratio and provision coverage of commercial bans remain high, and we have many financial tools and instruments that can be used. We have the confidence, the ability, and the means to forestall systemic risks.