1. At least 10 students lost their chance to attend Harvard College after posting "obscene memes" to a private Facebook chat, the main Harvard student newspaper reported.
2. This is the sixth edition of the QS World University Rankings by Subject, featuring a record-breaking 42 disciplines, making it the largest-ever ranking of the kind. The expert opinion of the world's top 76,798 academics and 44,426 employers informed the results, alongside the analysis of 28.5 million research papers and over 113 million citations sourced from the Scopus/Elsevier bibliometric database, said QS.
3. “This young Vermonter clearly has an interest in service and anyone putting ideas forward with the goal of making Vermont a better place is appreciated here,” Scott's spokeswoman, Rebecca Kelley, tells PEOPLE.
5. Will Trump trigger a trade war with China
1. In this Jan. 6, 2004 file photo, Apple CEO Steve Jobs displays the at the Macworld Conference and Expo in San Francisco. Jobs,
2. Online peer-to-peer lending platforms have expanded rapidly in China, along with fraud cases.
5. 雇主因种族、肤色、性别、国籍、宗教、年龄或残疾而歧视员工属于违法行为。但美国多数州至今依然不保护LGBT群体的工作权益。苹果公司CEO蒂姆库克希望消除这种差异。11月份，库克在《华尔街日报》（Wall Street Journal ）评论版对页发表了题为《平等就业对企业有益》（Workplace Equality Is Good for Business）的文章，敦促联邦立法，以免就业者因性取向而受到歧视。
6. Effective bosses and managers tend to:
1. The announcement comes from the British Fashion Council (BFC), who surveyed designers ahead of the shows and found none of the 80 designers in the September line-up would be using fur.
2. 7. MonPère
3. She only learnt to walk five months ago, but 'Baby Beyoncé' is already strutting her stuff on stage at pageants.
4. Trade flows brought China’s balance of trade to $40.82bn, roughly $7.2bn below expectations and down about $3.6bn from November’s revised level of $44.23bn (previously $44.61bn). That balance came to Rmb275.4bn in local-currency terms.
5. Song “Wind Blowing In The Wheat Field” (Li Jian and Sun Li)
It is also argued that Friends came about as the family unity of small-town America was being replicated in major urban centers as young people migrated without the maturity or streetsmarts to live alone. Before Friends, sitcoms tended to focus on family dynamics, with parents being the central characters. But when young people strike out on their own in the big city, who do they have for support? They must rely on each other to endure through the overwhelming confusion of youth.