3. Welcome, and before we begin – please accept our apologies. Your four-hour nightmare wait at passport control should not be taken as a symptom of Britain's contempt for foreigners. It is merely a symptom of a woeful lack of spending on a key aspect of travel infrastructure in the run-up to a hugely important event. In other words, it's the government that hates you. Don't worry, they hate us too.
3. But, when the skeletal remains were analyzed, the researchers found that the tombs had been reused multiple times. Some of the tombs contain more than 10 occupants, and the"repeated multiple burials warrant further study," the researcherswrote.
4. Charles River Ventures合伙人拉斐尔o科拉莱斯认为，学术界、基础设施以及政策等诸多领域的发展，表明2014年是迄今对比特币而言最重要的一年，尽管在此期间比特币波动很大。科拉莱斯表示：“短期而言，那些不懂或不相信比特币大有可为的人很容易攻击这一点。他们批评这一点再容易不过了。在过渡阶段，肯定会有剧烈震荡，所以只看一年的价值波动是愚蠢的。”对于偶尔出现的黑客袭击，科拉莱斯补充道：“短期内肯定会有颠簸，但问题很快就会迎刃而解。而且有一个庞大团体正致力于解决这些问题。因此，尽管存在小的颠簸，你应当对此感到兴奋不已。”
5. adj. 古怪的，反常的，不同圆心的
6. Against: Strong in many categories, but without quite managing to be a front runner in any. Perhaps Timothee Chalamet's performance is its best chance of awards success.
6. As PC use declines, infecting them with viruses just won't be as much fun any more. I'd expect to see malware, worms and viruses jump onto tablets and phones. As a consequence, we will all have to start protecting our devices more assiduously.
2. Airlines with operations based west of the Rockies boast the fewest flights that arrive late during the holidays, according to data compiled for Forbes.com by FlightAware.
3. In the first 10 months of the year, Chinese exports to the US were up 5.2 per cent from the same period in 2014, while exports to countries in Asean were up 3.7 per cent, according to Chinese customs figures.
Christie’s biannual evening sale on Dec. 8 raised just 6.5 million pounds with fees, about $9.7 million, against a low estimate of 12.7 million. Nineteen of the 45 works, or 42 percent, failed to sell, including the two most highly valued lots — a 1582 watercolor study of a hare among plants by Hans Hoffmann, a pupil of Albrecht Dürer, and a fine 1770s Francesco Guardi view of the island of San Giorgio Maggiore in Venice, carrying low estimates of 4 million and 1.5 million respectively.
Yes, pensions for retirees at state and municipal levels are preventing recovery. Corporate pensions are also a big problem, widening America's inequality gap: Drug company McKesson's CEO has been boss for 14 years, but will retire with a $159 million pension, while the income of America's average wage earner has stagnated for 30 years.