1. It remains the world's largest country and the largest oil producer. It retains its permanent seat on the UN Security Council. Its nuclear arsenal (in Cold War times one of five countries, but now one of nine) has been progressively modernised. Sustained increases in defence spending have brought it close to its goal of escalation dominance in local and regional war.
2. McDonough School of Business at Georgetown University in Washington DC returns to the custom ranking in 15th place after dropping out last year because of a low survey response rate from clients. Only three schools enter the custom ranking for the first time, including London’s Cass Business School in 60th place.
3. 迷你剧集/电影类最佳男演员：考特尼?B?万斯(Courtney B Vance)，《美国罪案故事：公诉辛普森》(The People v. O. J. Simpson: American Crime Story)
4. 回忆：fanfare（n 夸耀）
5. Lady Gaga, who started her own non-profit, the Born This Way Foundation, followed at fourth.
1. The writer is a senior associate at the Carnegie Endowment and a former World Bank country director for China. Read other predictions for the world economy, politics and finance in 2012 at www.ft.com/thealist
3. Unless Charles Oakley successfully sues owner James Dolan, the highlight of the Knicks' 2016–17 season will be Kristaps Porzingis winning the Skills Challenge at All-Star Weekend.
4. The number of inbound travelers to Beijing grew after the city hosted the 2008 Olympics until 2012, when it saw a 3.8% decline, followed by the further drop last year.
6. She said: 'On a scale of one to 10, I feel I'm at a nine because there's definitely room for improvement. I know I could go further.'
1. The United States ranks No. 7 overall. The country with the largest economy in the world is also considered the most powerful. It ranks No. 3 in Entrepreneurship and No. 3 in Cultural Influence, as well.
2. After weeks of nail-biting auditions and five days of tense semi-finals, Britain’s Got Talent picked one of the 11 acts to be the 2014 champion.
5. These contraptions, including a nano-sized car, are so small that they’re invisible to the human eye.
1. However, Baty said the stabilization of Chinese universities' rankings is no cause for alarm. "Continued investment built on decades of spending, and increased internationalization in Chinese higher education will no doubt ensure China's universities continue to strengthen," he said.
The special tokens of appreciation will take place alongside more traditional and somber observances, including the laying of a wreath by President Barack Obama at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington National Cemetery, just across the Potomac River from the nation's capital.
2015年FT/麦肯锡最佳商业图书奖(2015 Financial Times and McKinsey Business Book of the Year)的获奖作品是《机器人的崛起：大规模失业的威胁与科技》(The Rise of the Robots: Technology and the Threat of Mass Unemployment)，这本书对工作自动化的未来做出了令人不安和常常令人消沉的分析。
Buyers looking for new construction will have more options next year, as the number of new condos hitting the market in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Long Island City, Queens, is expected to more than double to 8,366 from 3,444 in 2014, according to data provided by Corcoran Sunshine Marketing Group.