1. 200911/88512.shtmlThe price of Chinese zodiac stamps commemorating the 1980 Year of the Monkey have rocketed to a historical high for a number of reasons, according to National Business Daily.
2. ? Dozens were killed, hundreds of miles of coastline were flooded and New York City's infrastructure was dealt a massive blow as the super-storm Sandy moved through the mid-Atlantic states on Monday night and into Tuesday. Millions of people were left without power.
4. "In the aftermath of recessions, there's always a period of jobless recovery," says John Challenger, CEO of global outplacement firm Challenger Gray & Christmas. "We're certainly not optimistic about seeing much improvement in the unemployment rate in 2010."
5. Most of these islands were owned by corporations planning tourism, but also by individuals who built private clubhouses to entertain friends.
6. 法国电信商学院(Télécom Business School)和布拉格经济大学(University of Economics)的教师性别比例最为均衡，女教师占50%，瑞士苏黎世大学(University of Zurich)的教师性别比例最不均衡，女教师仅为9%。瑞士洛桑国际管理发展学院(IMD)的教师队伍国际化程度最高，94%来自海外，米兰理工大学MIP管理学院的教师则均为意大利人。
1. We will improve planning for regional development.
6. The Nets should really feel free to tank out if only to get assets for the players who aren't integral to culture change and won't be on the next very good Brooklyn team. That means Brook Lopez, basically. The market on him is weird, but presuming it exists, it should be explored.
6. Like a lot of critics, I chafe against the arbitrariness of lists even as I recognize their utility. Since I can never stop at 10 — how could I, when something like 900 movies were released in North American theaters? — I picked 15 to match the year, ranked them and ended up fudging that count. So maybe technically it’s a top 20. The slots with more than one title aren’t ties, but double features, paired movies that complement, contend with or amplify each other’s best qualities.
1. Whatever she needs to invoke the weightlessness of life in our new not-normal, she takes. "Is it the end of an era? Is it the end of America?" she intones in "When the World Was at War We Kept Dancing." "No, it's only the beginning."
200911/88512.shtmlDuring NATO’s 1999 air war over Yugoslavia the Atlantic alliance struck hundreds of targets over Serbia and Kosovo. Most were uncontroversial: air-defense sites army headquarters and other military targets. The destruction of one target in particular however set off a wave of anti-Western—and anti-American in particular—protests half a world away. That target was the Chinese embassy in Belgrade.