2. Confidence and a good elevator speech can take any pitch to the next level. The first marketing any company experiences comes from its founder. Spend time learning how to share your vision without coming across as “salesy.” Don’t be afraid to ask for the sale, but remember: the client is always the focus.
3. Chinese people are intelligent and hardworking and they have an inexhaustible drive for pursuing a better life for themselves. The government needs to create the enabling environment for our people to fully use their talent and initiative.
2. If 2017 was the year policymakers began to worry about the growth of the “precariat”, 2018 will be the year they try to do something about it.
5. Cullinan and Ruiz each carry a suitcase containing a copy of the winning envelope for all the categories - meaning there are two envelopes for each award.
6. 《在生前留下的物品中回忆世界上最长寿的人》(Remembering the World’s Oldest Person, in the Objects She Left Behind)
1. Agents and investment institutions are now flooding the sector, causing additional changes to content and platforms in the world's second-largest economy, the report said. A number of Internet gurus, including Lei Jun, investor and founder of tech firm Xiaomi, Zhou Hongyi, CEO of Qihoo 360 Technology, and China's richest man Wang Jianlin have all directly supported live video-streaming websites, a strong indication of the growing interest from capital investment.
2. The University of St Gallen’s domination of the Financial Times’ ranking of masters in management courses continues for another year.
5. Retail sales of consumer goods, a key indicator of consumption, rose 10.7 percent year on year in China last year, contributing 66.4 percent to the country's GDP, the Ministry of Commerce said earlier this month.
6. Still, the optimistic view is that several roadblocks to recovery -- an over-indebted consumer, a moribund housing market and shellshocked banks -- are no longer holding back hiring. Barring an unforeseen shock to the economy, this could mean 2013 will be another year of slow but steady growth.[qh]
5. 7. Flying Lotus “You’re Dead” (Warp) The new fusion makes no apologies for the old fusion, just a series of upgrades. As a producer, Flying Lotus values continuity as much as disruption, hazy beauty as well as jump-cut clamor. His suitelike reflection on death leaves room for irreverent wit — and, on “Never Catch Me,” one of the year’s best verses by Kendrick Lamar.
6. Outbound investment for the period totalled $86.3bn, according to the Ministry of Commerce.
1. Producing fake data, it appears, is condoned at official levels. Publishing real data lands you up in court. Much more of this and the public will be right to lose trust in official statistics.
3. And regarding Ukraine, the Russian president again denied that there are Russian troops operating inside eastern Ukraine where a pro-Russian separatist movement is fighting Ukrainian government troops. But he said Moscow never denied that "certain people" were there carrying out tasks "in the military sphere." He said Russia plans no sanctions against Ukraine, but will not extend preferential trade to Kyiv.