4. 对于英国广播公司文化部门来说，戛纳期间堆满了工作，而派对是少之又少。但是，影展之外的电影节给小镇描上了醉人的红色。在2013年，我们试图联系白雪香槟酒庄（Piper Heidsieck）计算电影节期间香槟的消费数量，但作为提供“官方饮品”的白雪香槟酒庄拒绝回应。不过看看克鲁瓦塞特(Croisette)大道上那些微醺的脸庞以及踉跄的步态，我们可以合理的推测香槟的消费数量十分庞大。电影节的第一周，在为马提欧?加洛尼影片《故事的故事》(Tale of Tales)举办的派对上香槟成河，狂欢者嗨至凌晨。次日早晨，英国广播公司的瑞贝卡?劳伦斯与某位明星进行访谈，询问其在采访前休息了多久。这位明星只是眯起了惺忪的眼睛，抬起了2根手指。
5. “Policymakers around the world are cognisant of the impact the Fed decision will have and are worried, which makes us worried,” said Simon Lue-Fong, head of global emerging debt at Pictet Asset Management. “People are saying the decision is priced in but seeing as no one knows exactly what will happen how can that possibly be true.”
6. v. 调查，检查，测量，勘定，纵览，环视
1. Cullinan and Ruiz each carry a suitcase containing a copy of the winning envelope for all the categories - meaning there are two envelopes for each award.
2. Detroit Three: The other two Michigan-based manufacturers still face bumps. General Motors copes with continued fallout from its ignition switch recall while Ford fights through the most aggressive launch period in the company’s history.
5. "They say: 'I wonder why she kept her head down in the meeting; I wonder why she's not eager to take over that project; I wonder why she's leaving early a couple days a week," Kay says. "You're planting questions in their head."
1. One fifth of the rich in the 500 list are from the information technology industry, and capital players are fading away from the list.
3. 3. The root cause of eczema has finally been identified. Scientists have tracked down a series of proteins and molecular pathways that lead to this insufferable skin problem, revealing that the protein filaggrin isn't the sole culprit we thought it was.
4. 马纳尔·阿尔-谢里夫(Manal al-Sharif)
5. n. 贡献，捐款(赠)
6. The secretive billionaire who launched a hostile takeover bid for China’s largest property developer has emerged as one of the country’s richest people, illustrating how leveraged financial investments are propelling huge increases in private wealth.
1. In June this year, a collaboration between universities and industry announced that it had discovered a huge reserve of helium gas in Tanzania, using a new exploration technique.
The survey of 11,500 workers by Chinese employment agency Zhaopin found that 50.9 per cent did not get an annual bonus at the end of 2016. Another 9.6 per cent were told their bonus had been delayed until after the new year holiday.
A jailed con artist who falls in love with another inmate and escapes prison multiple times could only be the work of fiction, but this is more or less the real story of Steven Jay Russel. Much like his film counterpart, played by Jim Carrey, Russell was originally sent to prison for fraud. He escaped his first sentence to be with his partner Jim Kemple, who at the time was dying from AIDS. Russell was found two years later and returned to prison. Kemple died soon after.