1. The International Organization for Migration says the number of migrants and refugees entering Europe in 2015 has gone over the one million mark, the largest influx of its kind since the end of World War Two.
6. Jia Yongsheng general director of the demolition company told China's state TV channel CCTV: 'For this kind of large-scale blasting demolition conducted in the downtown area we not only need to guarantee the demolition result but also strictly control the adverse effects of blasting.'
2. Accepting the award, he enthused: 'First off, I want to start off by saying that I'm not really sure how I got this because I've had my album out a few years, but I've got one coming,' before thanking his fans and MTV. Elsewhere, Kendrick Lamar was presented with Best Video, though the rapper was unable to attend the event, instead thanking fans via a video link.
3. This year's lift was slower than the 6.5% rise in 2016, which is attributed to moderating economic growth and a rapidly aging society.
4. ‘Law & Order: SVU’ This NBC ripped-from-the-soap-opera perils of Olivia (Mariska Hargitay) — psychopath rapist-stalker, tortured love affair, new baby — that took up so much air last season finally died down, and this season, the show’s 16th, the detectives got back to sex crimes à clef, including a Ray Rice-inspired episode about a star sportscaster who was seen on a surveillance camera punching the lights out of his wife.
1. 8. You left your résumé in the freaking printer!
2. Gisele, 37, came in second place, having earned $17.5 million, marking the first year she has not headed up the line-up since 2002.
5. No. The much-hyped US electric carmaker once promised to make 400,000 of its new dream machines in 2018. Its latest production targets imply 200,000-300,000. But serious glitches in battery production have meant a slow start, and Tesla’s record is not good. With Tesla yet to show it can wean itself off constant infusions of Wall Street cash, 2018 cold be a make or break year.
1. Mr Cook must balance that with the secrecy that surrounds its product development. Already, there are whispers on Apple’s campus about another secret project, on the scale of the iPhone or Watch, which is pulling in talent from across Cupertino.
The Warriors are one of the best teams in NBA history, and you can put their championship run up against any team in NBA history for the best playoff performance ever. But there's also a legitimate question of what this means for the sport. If the best or second-best player of all time stands no chance against this team, what does it mean for the sport's competitiveness? It hasn't been a problem so far, thanks to an extremely wild offseason, but the question remains: what happens to a competitive sports league when it's not truly competitive at the highest level?
As economic growth has slowed, policymakers have become increasingly concerned about the pace of lending. Banking assets increased by more than Rmb72tn ($11tn) last year, according to figures from the banking regulator.