5. Up to 10,000 copies of the film - a comedy about a fictional CIA plot to assassinate North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un - and 500,000 political leaflets are scheduled for a balloon-launch around 26 March.
6. Mr Baweja agrees with this conclusion, noting that both South Korea and India, another net commodity importer, are exporters of refined oil products, the dollar value of which should rise this year.
3. Of course, these same new forces may also trigger a backlash and a reversion to old command-and-control ways of leading. The politicians who dominate the world stage are, depressingly, mostly cut from the old cloth, and the leadership challenges they face, from Brexit to North Korea, are particularly complex.
4. If Lloyd Grossman were to go through the keyholes of Oscar winners’ houses, he would find their golden statues in various spots: from prime real estate such as the mantelpiece to the depths of cupboards collecting dust.
5. SETTING: Stonington is on Little Narragansett Bay in southeastern Connecticut, about an hour by car from Hartford and Providence, R.I., and three hours from New York City. Once a busy harbor with a long maritime history, the town remains home to a commercial fishing fleet, several historic districts of Colonial and Federal houses and a healthy sailing community. There’s a small public beach at the tip of town and another, much larger one in Watch Hill, R.I., about a 20-minute drive away. This Greek Revival house, with the requisite Ionic columns and a fan window in its pediment, is in the center of town.
1. The biggest falls in brand values include oil and gas companies, still suffering from low commodity prices, and banks, which face growing competition from rival payment systems such as PayPal — whose brand value increased by 35 per cent (see story page 2).
But many foresee an economic collapse, arguing that a prolonged eurozone crisis coupled with a property bubble could render vast swaths of Chinese industry unprofitable. This would reveal hidden financial vulnerabilities and feed a downward spiral. Others believe that Beijing has ample resources to avoid a crisis, but argue that, with a growth model based on infrastructure and land sales, and with exchange and interest rates rigidly controlled, it may not have all the necessary tools at its disposal.
The director Bennett Miller saw Mr. Carell as a good choice to play du Pont but didn’t want him to be too recognizable. He charged the makeup designer Bill Corso with the task of altering Mr. Carell’s look.