6. “Given the unfavourable reaction to the August depreciation, we think any further depreciation will not take place soon,” said Louis Kuijs, an economist at Oxford Economics based in Hong Kong. “In our view the October trade data keep pressure on [the government] for more domestic easing.”
1. The Producer Price Index (PPI), which gauges factory-gate prices and is a major indicator of economic briskness, rose by 6.3% in 2017, compared with a minus 1.4% for 2016, reversing the trend of continual decline since 2012.
2. Ms Lewis urged people to contact family, neighbours or an animal shelter if they were no longer able to care for their pets.
3. 尼古拉斯·凯奇（Nicolas Cage）向来不随大流，他曾向媒体透露，因为居住权问题，他因影片《离开拉斯维加斯》（Leaving Las Vegas）所获得的小金人“正在某辆卡车上穿越路易斯安那州”。显然，如果政府要对你查户口，问问你的小金人在何处就可以了。
4. Last year saw a series of disastrous floods hit countries worldwide, including the UK, which in December experienced its wettest month since records began in 1910.
5. And, ‘trustno1’ proved, perhaps unsurprisingly, to be among the worst passwords as well, taking up spot number 25.
2. The infectious disease known as scarlet fever famously reached pandemic proportions in the 19th century, striking down the young and the weak across the Western world.
3. 节目1 开场曲《欢歌贺新春》，中央电视台48位主持人
4. Hua Xu Yin
5. Singapore tops the list as the most expensive city for the third time in a row, but in a year when costs around the world have been highly volatile.
6. 1.You Aren't Learning Anything New
1. D'ALOISIO BEGAN designing iPhone apps nearly the moment the app store opened in 2008. He was 12 years old, working on a Mac in his bedroom in the London district of Wimbledon. Because he was too young, he signed up for the Apple developer's license using his father's name. He'd taken no formal computer science classes at school, and neither of his parents (Diana and Lou, a lawyer and a business executive, respectively) knew much about tech. Instead, he learned how to program almost entirely by himself, scouring websites and watching instructional videos.
1. Another slowdown in food prices pulled Chinese inflation lower in October, according to the National Bureau of Statistics.
2. Lecent was with an unknown number of other youth when she was killed by a single bullet inside a home in a public-housing complex near Martin Grove Rd. and Finch Ave W.
3. “This is our make or break moment for the tenant movement,” said Ilana Maier, the program director for the Metropolitan Council on Housing. “If we aren’t able to drastically strengthen the rules now, none of this will matter in 10 years.”
“When I look at the data, I keep coming back to this issue that it’s really about identity politics,” said Elisabeth Ivarsflaten, a professor at Norway’s University of Bergen who studies Europe’s far-right parties. “This is the most powerful predictor of support for the populists.”