3. Tsinghua University and Peking University are ranked in 14th and 17th place respectively -- the same positions they held in last year's rankings.
5. With Capital Economics estimating that global economic growth will edge up to 2.8 per cent this year, from 2.5 per cent in 2016, “the exports of the emerging world’s net commodity exporters should rise by about 20 per cent year-on-year in dollar terms,” he argues.
2. Days after her death, Ross’ mother, Alicia Jesquith, told reporters she needed answers for the sudden death of her daughter, described by friends and family as a vibrant, ambitious young girl who lit up the room.
5. Five programmes feature in the pre-experience ranking for the first time. The highest new entrant is Lee Kong Chian School of Business at Singapore Management University. The school came second in terms of the international mobility of its graduates, and is the first school to feature in both pre-experience and post-experience rankings.
6. People walk in the rain along the swollen Potomac River in the Georgetown neighborhood of Washington, DC, on Tuesday.
4. So far this year, companies have announced 376 share-repurchase initiatives for a total of $261 billion, according to data from Birinyi Associates. That's nearly 72% higher than 2012, though slightly lower when compared to the same period in 2013, which was a record year for buybacks.
2. Over the past 10 years, the value of the top 100 brands has more than doubled — increasing by 133 per cent. That value (see box on page 3 for methodology) is calculated in terms of financial measures such as revenues and profitability combined with surveys of how consumers view brands.