4. May the bright and festive glow of New Year candle warm the days all the year through. Hoping you will have a wonderful time enjoying New Year that is happy in every way.
5. Although foreign trade accounts for a greater share of the economy than ever, the United States is still more insulated than virtually every major competitor in Europe and Asia. Such everyday purchases as haircuts, dry cleaning, financial advice and eating out are virtually immune from foreign competition.
3. Also called self-driving cars, autonomous cars have been making the news recently. Chief among them are Google's self-driving cars. Google's driverless cars have traveled over 480,000 kilometers (300,000 mi) with only two accidents, both of which were caused by humans. But self-driving cars aren't new. In fact, their concepts have arguably been around since the days of Leonardo da Vinci, who invented a spring-powered cart with a programmable steering device.
5. The line of prescriptive frames and sunglasses, named “DVF | Made for Glass,” costs upwards of $1,600. Google has already partnered with Luxottica, the eyewear conglomerate behind Ray-Ban and several high-fashion eyewear offerings such as Prada. It also hired fashion executive Ivy Ross, most recently the chief marketing officer of Art.com, to lead its Glass team.
2. One of the more unique games announced at Gamescom was Silent Hills, the latest sequel in Konami’s bestselling horror franchise (which has also spawned two films). The world of gaming and movies combine in this new game, which is being developed by Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain creator Hideo Kojima and Pacific Rim director Guillermo del Toro. The game will star The Walking Dead’s Norman Reedus.
3. Immigrant populations in Arkansas, North Carolina and Tennessee have more than tripled since 1990, noted Lee Drutman, a senior fellow at the New America Foundation, in an analysis for Vox. Anxiety over those changes may explain why the Republican Party became so much more focused on limiting immigration over that period — and why white voters in those states overwhelmingly support Mr. Trump.
1. 从一开始，社交网络就被有效地隔离在互联网之外。比如，Facebook的海量内容通常不会显示在谷歌( Google )搜索结果之中。但是否非得是这种情形？比方说，Twitter搜索结果自动出现在一个标准的谷歌搜索显示页面，岂不是更方便？再比如，当你搜索Yelp时，为什么关于某家餐厅的最新Twitter消息没有显现出来呢？由于利益相悖，不同社交网络往往把各自的内容封锁在专利保护墙之内，但也有不少工具致力于创造性地弥合这道鸿沟。需要说明的是，本文作者的公司已经开发出了这样一种工具。
3. Dachis says: Strong financial performance combined with a slew of new features made LinkedIn a magnet for positivity in 2012. Positivity like this could help the company move from stern business network to lively communications platform in 2013.
5. 5.You Aren't Making Enough Money to Pay Your Bills
2. But in year-on-year terms Xiamen prices grew at the second-fastest rate of 43.9 per cent, outdone only by Hefei, capital of Anhui province, which grew 47.6 per cent. Annualised prices once again rose in 65 cities and fell in five, suggesting that while the cost of housing may not be escalating as quickly as before, it remains widespread and relatively resilient.
Jobs for photographers grew by about 22 percent in Q3. The report’s authors attribute the increase to employers “finally understanding the importance of high-quality pictures on their landing pages.” The desire to expand and improve websites through employing trained, creative professionals was something of a recurring theme throughout this list.